Find out about our policies on YCNet for keeping you safe, confidentiality and on how we will deal with any complaints.
Keeping you safe
- Children and young people can be abused or harmed in a variety of ways, both on the internet and offline.
- The role of the online support team is to be aware of any risks to children and young people using our website and to take action if we need to. This might sometimes mean we'd want to help you talk to another organisation who could help to keep you safe.
- If anything about our website or the people you meet on it (young people or staff / guests) makes you uncomfortable then you can report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to CEOP at http://www.ceop.gov.uk/reportabuse/index.asp
- Normally, we keep any personal information you give in a secure location. We don't usually share your personal information with anyone outside of the online support team and we wouldn't think of trying to help you against your wishes unless we were very concerned about someone's safety.
- Members of the online support team may, from time to time, discuss a young person's situation with their manager / supervisor in order to find the best way to support that young person.
- If you tell us something which gives us a good reason to think that someone is at risk or in danger (you or someone else), we may have to tell another organisation about it to get help for that person. We'd always try to talk to you about this first.
We keep a confidential record of the questions and messages that are emailed to us as well as the personal information you decide to give us. This is to help us remember the people we get to know, and to provide a good service. Nothing is kept secret from you, and we will be happy to show you what information we have about you if you contact us at email@example.com.
Comments or complaints
- Any user of YCNet has the right to make a comment or complaint about our service.
- Any comments or complaints will be listened to and acted upon, where possible.
- If you make a complaint we will let you know about any changes we can make as a result. Complaints will be kept confidential.
- You can make a comment or complaint by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by talking to us in the chatroom or posting to the discussion boards. You can also use the Feedback page where you can let us know what you think and about anything you're not happy about http://www.youngcarers.net/contact/feedback/
- Each year the YCNet team will review any comments or complaints made to see if any changes need to be made to how we do things.
What you can expect from us
- The online support team will do everything they can to protect you from being bullied or treated unfairly whilst using YCNet.
- Our staff will only ever contact you as part of our work to provide a good online service. We won't try to give you our personal contact details or get in touch with you in other ways.