Sometimes adults think that children might be upset if they know about someone’s health problem, but it is often worse not knowing. It is important that you get the right info about your relative’s health problem.
- Ask the person with the problem. If they don’t want to talk about it, you could tell them how it feels not knowing.
- Talk to the adults who look after the person. Doctors can answer questions about illnesses and disabilities.
- Call your nearest Young Carers Project for info and advice or email your question to us.
- Ask a youth worker or connexions worker to help you find the info you want
- Ring NHS Direct, (NHS 24 in Scotland) or Childline.
- Visit Carers Direct. They have videos, carers stories and lots of useful info for young carers.